Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday

I got on a tear there with my posts. So many so soon was driving me crazy. Well not me crazy. The two or three people that read my posts were overwhelmed. So I heard.

Updates on my Great Floridian training. I took Monday off since it was my oldest's 18th birthday. Yikes. 18 already. Now an official adult. Although, she has told me for years that she is all grown up. She was trying to figure out things she could do now that she is 18. The one thing she came up with, "I can now buy fireworks." That's good enough since I don't allow clubbing.

Tuesday morning I was going to swim and then spin. Due to lightning in the area, the pool was closed for another hour when I got to the Y. I had to spin first (boring) and then swim. I had a pretty good brick out of this even though it was a reversed brick.

Wednesday was going to be my Tackle The 20 Miler morning. Again due to weather, strong thunderstorms and lightning, I had to skip my long run for the morning. I was not going to run 20 miles on the treadmill. Not to say there is anything wrong with that. Well actually, there is something wrong with that. Have at it you freaks. I decided to run after work. I only ran 10 miles but I ran at an 8:15 pace. I will lengthen my Saturday run to 10-12 instead of the normal 7.

This morning I rode with Speedy Jan and her group. I think it was about 33 miles or so. I stayed off the back so I could stay in the aero bars. All this for race preparation.

This weekend I will do the first two laps of the GF bike course which is probably 70 or so miles. I would like to push it to 90 but we shall see. I should get a run in after the bike. This time I will make sure I have my shoes.

Hope everyone has a good weekend in whatever you do.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your training is going well! Good luck to you on your 90 mile endeavor and good luck to your daughter on her Meet today!

    ReplyDelete